Robertson LLP is seeking an experienced Real Estate Paralegal for an established, high-volume Residential Real Estate practice.
Responsibilities of this key role will include (but are not limited to):
- Proactive and professional carriage of files;
- Preparing real estate files in their entirety including conveyancing and mortgage documents;
- Serving as a point of contact for clients, agents and other lawyers;
- Processing purchase transactions, preparing mortgages, refinance and supplemental documents, reporting to mortgagees and purchaser in a timely manner;
- Preparing sales transactions, trust letters, deposit funds to meet closing dates;
- Preparing interim/final reports, client accounts and correspondence;
- Maintaining client files and diarize critical deadlines.
The successful candidate will be focused on advancing his/her career and will be results-oriented, ambitious, motivated, and a self-starter.
If you are interested in exploring this career opportunities with our firm, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence. All inquiries will be treated as confidential discussions which respect the integrity of your current employment arrangements. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Residential Real Estate;
- Familiarity with mortgage instructions from major lenders;
- Familiarity with Protocol, Conventional and New Condo Closings;
- Experience using SPIN system;
- Experience with Builders and Developers is considered an asset, but not required;
- Experience with PC Law, Conveyancer and / or CosmoLex is considered an asset.
The ideal candidate will possess proven experience, excellent communication skills, and have references within the industry. The candidate will be required to have a service-oriented approach to files and clients and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The areas of practice of this firm include: Real Estate, Corporate, Wills & Estates, Commercial, Condominium Law, and Litigation.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent